Monday, March 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

I won't take up too much of your time today. It was a rough weekend. I attended the funeral of a very dear friend from my ward who passed away. I find myself thinking of her a lot, worrying about her family, being a little more paranoid when a loved one leaves the house. She died in an automobile accident, along with both of her in-laws. She was an amazing wife, mother and person. I found it interesting as I listened to the talks at her funeral that she was the type who always had her camera with her and was always the one taking the famiy videos and pictures. That's why she was rarely in any of the pictures of the vacations and family events.
This made me laugh.
I don't know if you've visited my blog much lately, but I've been searching for a picture of myself to use for it. With not much luck I might add. You might notice that every picture I've tried to use of me has another person cut out of the picture.
Not that a picture of myself is vital to the blog, maybe it would be best to just forego the picture and put up a nice sunset or tropical scene or something interesting. But it did make me realize that even though I'm not the type of person who hands the camera to her husband or kids and says, "will you take a picture of me in front of that landmark, or next to something interesting like the Empire State Building, or at the Sacred Grove or something," I would like to leave some memories of myself in pictures when the day comes that I do pass away.
My motto is, you can never have too many pictures or too many videos. I live by that and I'll die by that. And maybe, if I do it right, my face will even be in the mix somewhere.

Also, don't miss Thursday's blog, which will be an interview with Kersten Campbell! You won't want to miss it.

2 comments:

Cheri J. Crane said...

Michele, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. That is always a challenge. And what you're saying about the importance of pictures and family videos is on track. One of my husband's friends died in an avalanche about 2 weeks ago. Last night Kennon was showing me the video clips on the family blog. It shows Robert singing and laughing with his wife and 3 daughters. What a treasure for this family in the years to come.

Wendy Christensen said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend ... There is never an easy time to lose someone you love. Happy Monday to you!