Tuesday, October 13, 2009

AND THE TITLE IS . . .

Hometown Girl. I just received word today the title of my next Butterfly Box book, book number 2, is Hometown Girl. I can't tell you how excited I am for this title. The person who came up with it was . . . my editor, Kirk Shaw. I sent him every single solitary title that was entered into the contest, which was loaded with great ideas, by the way, but this was the title that he felt really captured the story. And it does. I am thrilled. If by chance you did, however, enter it and I didn't notice, then I want to give you full credit, so let me know.

Now I just need to find out when this baby is finally getting released. I'm d
ying for a release date.

In the meantime, in between my family, callings and my writing, I have been doing something so fun and crazy I wanted to tell you about it. I've been doing Zumba and after attending a certification, have become a certified Zumba instructor. Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks. If you live in my area and want to come and attend one of my classes, let me know and I'll get you in. Life Centre Athletic Club on 13th and 97th in Sandy. If not, go check out one of these classes where you live. You will thank me forever! And if I ever get good enough that I'm not embarrassed to show how I look doing it (it takes time to get your hips to cooperate) then I will post a video of it. SO, SO, SO fun!

5 comments:

Cluttered Brain said...

ZUMBA is fun! I went with one of my girlfriends..It is the BEST way to work out.

Can't wait until that book comes out. Do you need somebody to review that book for you? I'd be happy to do it for you if you want. I'm doing a review for Kathy Oram Petersen on Nov 16th. PUUULEEESE let me do a review.....(Ok, no more whining. I am done.)

Here come the bribes.
I can bake you Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, or Pumpkin Bread or banana bread... What about cheesecake? Mmm...Who else do I need to bribe in order to have someone send me a copy of your book? Your editor? Consider it done.:)))

Michele said...

I love the title, cant wait for it to come out. Hope it comes out in time to put on my birthday list. Havent tried Zumba yet but hear it is a blast.

Sherrie said...

I can't wait for this new book to come out. Great Title! Zumba? Never heard of it, but I will definately have to look into it.

Lynelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynelle said...

Looking forward to your book Michele! Zumba does sound like fun, I watched some videos online since I had never heard of it before, I guess it hasn't caught on up here yet. I'm not sure my hips could ever move like that! =) Good for you on doing something new, I bet your classes are a blast!!!