I have issues. I'll just get it out in the open right off the bat. My questions is, what is it that makes people get so caught up in weird, obsessive behaviors? I feel like I happen to have more obsessions than most people so I would appreciate it if others would assure me that I'm not alone. PLEASE! Actually this could be one of those great opportunities to share with the world (okay, the three people who read my blog) to open up and share about your weird obsessions/addictions. You might feel better, I know I will.
Here is my list, in no particular order, and I reserve the right to add or take away from it.
1. Webkinz - if you don't have young kids you probably don't even know what this is. Webkinz are stuffed animals. You log onto the Webkinz site and register your animals then you have these cute little virtual pet animals that you can create homes for and buy stuff for and interact with other Webkinz online. Wish I would've thought of them because they are hugely popular. I do not own my own Webkinz, I just play the flipping games and earn money for my daughter, Rachel, so she can buy stuff for her Webkinz (I think she has 14 of the crazy things). I could play the games ALL DAY LONG! My favorite is Colorstorm.
2. Cinnamon - pretty much anything cinnamon works for me. The fragrance, the taste, doesn't matter. I love cinnamon candles, problem is I crave the taste all day. Those cinnamon scented pine cones? LOVE THOSE!!! I want to lick the cinnamon scent right off of them. Which brings me to my cinnamon delights. Cinnamon gum (I had withdrawals when I couldn't find Trident Cinnamon gum anymore), cinnamon bears, Hot Tomales and Brachs cinnamon disks (big withdrawals when these left the shelves). This addiction is serious!
3. Doris Day movies - I own every Doris Day movie ever made. I have them on VHS and now I have to get them on DVD. I love her movies. My dream is to go to Carmel and stay in the Cypress Inn that she owns. Of course, it would be amazing if I could meet her. My favorite movie is "Pillow Talk" of course, but I really like her in "That Touch of Mink."
4. The Office - I live for this show every Thursday night. I barely survived the writer's strike last year. Andy and Dwight . . . so funny!
5. American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance - These are my favorite reality shows of all time. David Archuletta should have won idol. End of story.
6. Disney-anything - It is the happiest place on earth. I wish I could live there.
7. New York and Broadway shows - I LOVE New York and going to shows. Can't get enough.
8. Texting - my kids got me started. A necessary evil turned obsessive.
9. Steinbach nutcrackers - this probably should have been first on the list. I adore nutcrackers. I collect them to excess. Luckily my husband feeds this addiction too, so it's a win/win.
10. Books - both writing and reading. If I could wish for anything it would be for more time so I could read more and write more.
11. Cheesecake - need I say more?
12. Chocolate - when I turned 40 I developed a serious addiction. Up until then I could take it or leave it. So weird. But I'm weird too, so no big surprise. I do like white chocolate better than dark, or milk chocolate.
That's all for now. I would love to hear some of your obsessions, the stranger the better.
Call It What It Is... but make it nice!
5 hours ago