Monday, March 30, 2009

Miracles Never Cease

So it truly is a miracle, I have finally finished the next book in my Butterfly Box series. It has taken over a year to complete this story. I can usually write a book in 5 or 6 months, depending on the amount of research involved. This book hasn't really required a lot of extensive reserch. So, you ask, what's my problem?

Hmm, where do I begin? I have been slightly distracted by my family. I'll start with the oldest. My son, and adorable daughter-in-law, had a baby last July. A granddaughter named Halle. I am crazy in love with her. She lights up my world. Aslo, my oldest daughter competed at the Miss Utah pageant and then, 4 months later, in the Miss Utah USA pageant. I know pageants get a bad rap, probably for good reason. I however feel there are some wonderfully redeeming qualities about the preparation and in competing. I'll save that for another day, but, I'm so proud of my daughter's accomplishments and the strengths she's gained, because she competed. She is truly my winner. One of her greatest achievements is starting an asthma program in schools to help with early diagnosis of asthma. She suffered from asthma as a child and wasn't diagnosed until she was a Senior in high school. This program was recognized by Governor Huntsman and the National American Lung Association. My next daughter spent the summer in Seattle at ballet camp, then came home and danced in Mountain West Ballet's Nutcraker, then prepared for the YAPG ballet competition, and dances at the University of Utah. Her daily schedule is exhausting. My youngest is still manageable, but is also very busy. Not to mention my husband's job that takes him out of town 3 or 4 times a month, and my two church callings. Then there's cleaning, cooking, laundry, birthdays, Christmas . . . what am I forgetting. Oh yeah, sleep.
Anyway, finding time to write has been a challenge. But I did it. And only heavenly help can explain how I managed to get a word or two written, let alone a 400 page novel. Let's just hope it gets published!
So, for anyone who is a fan, the series isn't dead, and neither am I. This story is about Jocelyn, one of the Butterfly Girls. Her story will reveal her secret and give you further information regarding Ava's death. Was it an accident? Tell me what you think?
I really want to thank and pay tribute to all the wonderful fans who spend their hard earned money to buy my books, and spend their precious time reading my books. You are the ones who make it all worth it. You are the ones who give validation to the time I spend writing when I should be cleaning, cooking, doing laundry and even sleeping.
I'll keep you posted on release dates and all the fun exciting stuff that goes along with it. I'm even coming up with a contest and some giveaways. So watch my blog for more details regarding that. In the meantime, I'm getting started on the next book. My goal is to have it done in 6 months. I'm posting that for the whole world to see, so hopefully it will keep me on track and focused. That means the end of September. Don't bet any money on that date, but if I get it done then, I am going to have one wing-ding of a celebration, and you're all invited.

2 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Michelle, I was unable to leave you a comment on your other blog (with authors). I am NOT a writer, but I am a reader. I love all of your books and I am excited to read a new one.
Keep them coming. Thanks for the distractions of everyday ho hum. Reading is MY time out.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Yeah, Michele!!! Congrats! I can't wait to read it.