Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LDS PUBLISHER SUMMER CONTEST




Every summer LDS Publisher sponsors a reading contest with books for prizes. All that is required is to read books by LDS authors over the summer and post brief reviews of those books on your blog. A winner is drawn each week. Readers joining the program are supposed to list on their blogs the books he or she intends to read this summer. More detailed rules including instructions for those without their own blogs can be found on the LDS Publisher contest site.
This contest is always fun and is a chance to not only win free books, but to "talk back" to reviewers, compare favorites lists, and discover books to add to your wish lists.
The books I've listed are just the beginning. I plan on adding more books throughout the summer but these are perfect to start off with. If you notice, I've got a sampling of everything.
Also, since I review YA and Childrens books for Meridian Magazine I will be able to share reviews of new releases as I get them to review. My personal reviews are posted on Mondays but if I'm lucky I will interview some of the authors and post those on Friday.

The Route by Gale Sears
Agent in Old Lace by Tristi Pinkston
Green Dragon Codex by RD Henman aka Clint Johnson
Pursued by Lynn Gardner
Pickup Games by Marcia Lynn McClure
Prince Etcheon and the Secret of the Ancient by JoAnn Arnold
When Hearts Conjoin by Erin Marie Herrin and Lu Ann Brobst Staheli

I hope your summer is filled with fun and good books.

On a personal note, we leave Saturday to drop my daughter off at the School of American Ballet in New York City. She will be there five weeks. I'm so excited for her and this wonderful opportunity. If she gets her wish, she will stay there throughout the next school year and continue training. Send good thoughts her way. She is making her dream come true!

4 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

OH man! I'm going to have to read? My FAVORITE thing to do. Almost.

Welp...off to the library.

Jen plus 6 said...

Ok, I have to ask... I've never heard of, nor can I find anything about a book titled Pickup Games by Marcia Lynn McClure... where have you seen it?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I know I can do this! I love to read and happen to be working on my summer read list right now. How inspiring it was to stop by.

Jen said...

Have a safe trip! Hope she has a wonderful and *super-safe* time there!